Thursday, May 28, 2015

Final Standards


  1. RI 1  Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain. I can use this standard because when I was writing my senior portfolio for Civics/Economincs because I had to reasearch the career field I was wanting to go into and answer multiple questions that we were given.
  2. SL 1c  Propel conversations by posing and responding to questions that probe reasoning and evidence; ensure a hearing full range of positions on a topic or issue; clarify, verify, or challenge ideas and conclusions; and promote divergent and creative perspectives. I was talking to a Lions member and was given advice to not start the Leos Club. That of course brought up many questions that I wanted answered and they were answered and clarified a lot for me.
  3. L 5  Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and naunces in word meaning. People use figurative language every day. Sometimes you dont know if they're being serious or not.
  4. WHST 2  Write informative/explanitory texts, including the narration of historical events, scientific prosedures/experiments, or technical processes. When I did my standards for economics I had to read a lot out of our book and give information to show that I knew what I was talking about.
  5. WHST 4  Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriaate to task, purpose, and audience. I had to write an essay for my seal of biliteracy. I had to explain why I thought bwing bilingual was so important to me.
  6. WHST 6  Use technology, including the Internet, to produce, publish, and update individual or shared writing products in response to ongoing feedback, including new arguments or information.  I use my blog all the time to update everyone on my progress, failures and life goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment